We're AV rated in Tax, Estate Planning and Business and we're seeking candidates with two years of experience as a Paralegal in business law & estate planning. If you have experience in or are interested in working in the legal field in an established & successful office environment, don’t hesitate to apply.
Paralegal - Business Law & Estate Planning
- Competitive salary D.O.E.
- Benefits and 12 employer paid holidays
AV rated Tax, Estate Planning and Business law firm is seeking candidates with two years of experience as a Paralegal in business law & estate planning. If you have experience in or are interested in working in the legal field in an established & successful office environment, don’t hesitate to apply.
Responsibilities include: in the Practice Areas of Business Law & Trusts & Estates:
- Assisting with legal case planning, development, and management, legal research, interview clients, gather facts and retrieve information, draft and analyze legal documents and collect, compile and utilize technical information in order to make recommendations to an attorney.
- Assisting with the preparation of reports and case files.
- Preparing and filing documents with courts.
- Organizing and archiving the documents related to completed and ongoing cases.
- Keeping track of changes in the legal framework and providing timely updates on these changes.
- Meeting with attorneys, clients or other legal professionals to gather helpful details about cases.
- Preparing legal documents, like wills, contracts, briefs, appeals and pleadings.
- Researching and analyzing statutes, regulations, legal articles, judicial decisions, and other legal sources; provide written analysis to attorneys.
- Developing and maintaining records regarding billable hours spent on specific cases.
- Actively participating in team meetings and internal committees.
- May perform a number of other similar or related duties which may not be specifically included within this position description, but which are consistent with the general level of the job and the responsibilities described.
- Proficiency with designing and drafting estate plans. Experience with business transactions and entity formation.
- Business Transactions: 2 years (preferred)
- Estate Planning & Trusts: 2 years (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills & License/Certification:
- Associate degree in Paralegal Studies or related field required; Bachelor's degree in Paralegal Studies or related field preferred.
- Paralegal certificate required.
- A minimum experience of two years in a paralegal role.
- Understanding of legal language and principles, research methods, court processes, and other related matters.
- Experience in preparing legal reports.
- Understanding of principles of legal writing.
- WealthCounsel or Hot Docs experience.
- Prior accounting experience preferred..
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and professional demeanor.
- Ability to work independently, manage large workloads, and keep deadlines.
- Ability to handle electronic and hard copy documents.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word & Excel.
- Digital dexterity to assemble, retrieve and replace files.
- Ability to communicate by telephone, email & other methods generally used in an office environment.
- Endure prolonged periods of sitting at a desk & working with a computer.
- Lifting up to 15 pounds at times.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
Monday to Friday
- How many years experience as a Paralegal?
- What area of law have you worked in as Paralegal?
Please email cover letters & resumes to: Hannah Garcia at [email protected] .
All inquiries are kept confidential.